Tuesday, September 8, 2009

About little 'ol me... :)

I wrote a little bit about myself in the 'About Me' secton of myprofile, but I'll elaborate more here!

I am a musical theatre and english double major, and am in my second year at RIC. I have been on the competitive team for my dance studio for three years now, taking lessons in ballet, hiphop, acro, jazz, lyrical/contemporary, and finally going en pointe this past spring! My last competition was the Miss Olympic Nationals in New Hampshire in July, and unfortunately I don't think I'll have the chance to compete this year because of my busy schedule.

I also love literature, reading, and writing. I want to teach english primarily but I have no idea what age group is best for me and how I should go about doing this. I feel like I would work best with either very young children or college level students. I really enjoy literary analysis which is probably what I would get my next degree in.

The most exciting and time consuming thing for me this year however is a sorority which I cofounded last spring. The sorority is named Lambda Chi and our philanthropy is animal rights and welfare. I spend all of my free time getting rooms reserved for meetings, tracking down my advisor, planning events, setting up volunteer work, registering for walks, and staying up until midnight covering the Student Union quad with sidewalk chalk!

When I'm not dancing or in school or running around for the sorority then I'm either working at Babies R Us or talking to my boyfriend of four years who recently moved to Philadelphia for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment