Monday, November 2, 2009

Miscellaneous Post

I was at my dad's house the other night and he was telling me about Wanda Syke's new show. I've only seen one episode where she spoke out about Barack and Michelle Obama, but I found few of these clips that I thought I would share with the class off of youtube.

This is one about Michelle Obama:




This one compares homosexuality with black heritage:





I originally decided to post these two clips because I wanted to see what everybody's thoughts were on the content of her comedy routine and whether you would consider them to be offensive or in some way helpful? However, something that I noticed while I was copying the embed links for these videos was that the commentary left by viewers were very different for each video. The comments left on the post for the first video were primarily harsh, offensive, and racist. The comments left on the second link were mostly all positive.

Here are the youtube links for those of you who are interested in checking out the comments as well.

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=KLxOhg7Fzvc&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DKLxOhg7Fzvc

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=8L1PQBeymZQ&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3D8L1PQBeymZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment